"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week of August Twenty-SEVEN--Elder Delis is healthy and happy...thank HEAVEN! :)

Subject: WOW! I am glad you are all well!

Howdy!

Soooooo can I first say that dad, you have lost a lot of weight and I am really impressed! keep up the awesome work!  Also a new car!!! "That's no fair I was dancin' there!!!!" (movie quote) The week sounded like it was a blast and that you were able to have a boat load of fun at Grandmas Party sorry I couldn't party as well.  We though did have a blast.  We saw some miracles and really we are working on trying to find the elect to be able to be baptized in the next few weeks.  We are really praying for that one we hope that we can be ready and willing to help them to progress in the future.  The week though had some exciting events to be able to be blessed with being apart of.

On Tuesday we were able to help with the local food bank we worked with eggs,  ummmm just going to say that I am done having eggs for a while I think.  We then went to the W-----, we helped pealed some it was soo good but, it is not fun to try and peal with your fingers they tend to make your fingers smell like garlic.  We tried and find and then visited some of the members I am starting to get the hang of the area and it seems to be easier now.  

Wednesday we spent a while finding, that is not the most fun thing to do but we are sure we will find some people ready to receive the gospel and it paid of later this week!

Thursday, I do have a bit of a shock I did have an asthma attack I was required to stay in doors and that is not the most fun.  The reason for the attack was that all the farmers were burning their fields that is no the one that that I was not really excited about.  We went to the Madras Medical Group and they were much more helpful then the ER Doctors would have been.  It was really an inspiration that Sister Y---- had so thank her for me if you can.  That is most likely the reason she called on Thursday.

Friday was a day we were cautious and we still are doing all that we could to find the Elect those truly ready and we went to help to see how we can build some of the less-active members.

I am really not going to lie Saturday Morning was awesome!! So we went finding on a street adjacent to one we went finding on, on Friday.  On the street we were trying to do all that we could to be excited to find really it isn't the most fun but, you can do the best you can to enjoy it.  We get to the top of the hill and we talk to a Hispanic lady she was almost in tears when we were talking to her. The spirit was very strong when she opened the door.  The conversation was so amazing!  She was so ready she talked on how she wanted to be be close to Heavenly Father again and that she really doesn't want to loose that feeling again.  That was really quite a cool event, then almost literally across the street. A woman answers the Door and she said that she would like to know more that was cool since she took a copy of The Book of Mormon.  The conversation was about us and being Christians so we are going to address that next time we see her.

Sunday we had investigators at church it was really awesome we have been doing all that we can to get those ready to come to church it was awesome!!!  It was a good day and really that was a great spiritual experiences! In the middle of the 3rd hour we gave a dying man a blessing. To be honest, it was not the easiest blessing to give.  The W------'s asked us to give a friend they take care of a blessing,  the room was very tense and the man didn't have any peace about him.  The blessing was about comfort and love he seemed to need that.  After that the whole atmosphere changed. The whole day those was really great!

Well family I have to go! I miss you and I love you!
Elder Christian James Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment