"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week of August TWENTY--Elder Delis has blessings a-plenty!

Subject: Week of drivin'!

HI!!!
This week was an adventure a lot took place in a very short period of time.  Monday and Tuesday President Y---- gave specific orders that I wasn't to go out and to prosyelte too much so that I wouldn't have another Asthma attack.  I am glad that mom had a great birthday! Happy Belated Birthday to mom and Grandma! Sorry I have been late on that matter a lot is going and I am trying to keep up.  The best part of the work to me is just the fact that I am able to change and be made whole as we help others, the gospel fills the gap in my heart were we feel as if we are alone and we aren't!!! That to me is really what makes one a believer in the words of the Lord.  In the last week a lot has happened! on Wednesday Elder S--- of the seventy came too the OEM.  That was really cool! He spoke a lot about our ability to be made more and more changed through the atonement and how important the spirit is to the conversion of others and in ourselves.  one thing that he said that stood out to me was this and was then talked more about when Elder A-------- was there,
The spirit has four roles,
1 The Comforter, it is usually the first thing we come in contact with the spirit
2 The Testifier, it testifies to the words that are true and that the Lord know we need to hear
3 The Revelator, it reveals to us the truths about the kingdom of heaven so that we can be able to be more understanding our Father in Heaven
4 The Sanctifier, it is really what changes us, it purifies our hearts of all unworthiness so that we might one day be able to be in the presence of the Lord and not quake. 
There was so much other things that were said but, that was really the major things that I feel to talk about right now with the little time that I have to write.  On thursday it was my first full day in Madras with Elder H------.  It is a lot different then every where else I have served in my mission thus far.  It is very dry and the weather is much hotter the elevation is about 2000 feet higher then the Willamette Valley. It is really funny when you go outside and you are thinking there will be more humidity and it is dry, that has thrown me for a spin for the last few days.  Friday though was an incredible day, that was when Elder A------- of the quroum of the twelve apostles came we also had Elder H------,  Elder R------- and Bishop S---------.  They did it a lot differently then the appointment that we had with Elder S---.  Elder A------- had each and every single one of men that came with him to take turns to speak on something Elder S--- spoke of that to me was an awesome enlightening experience.  The one thing we were asked was on repentance and we were there I thought of something that I shared at the Mission Conference.  I feel strongly that repentance is like putting our lives to a piece of Marble, white marble is absolutely beautiful! The one thing that makes it so differnet then every peice has very decent flaws there are these black streaks going through it, we think that we are not forgiven of our faults but they are there so that we can say that we hae been changed.  That to me is the fact that we are truly changed, that marble is beautiful just like our lives are to the lord we fel bad for our past transgressions but we are made and shaped to be a disciple of the Lord.  In summary that is the way that Lord helped me learn while in Eugene for the Mission Conference.
We are going to do all we can with the ward so that we can help people come unto Christ.

Love,
Elder Christian James Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment