"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week of August SIX--Elder Delis has a new MIX! (...good rhyme?) :)

Subject: Family! Sad news!

I have sad news!

I have been transfered to Albany.  I was moved from Coquille back to Albany.  I hope that the package was sent to the mission office.  This was really the hardest " 'til we meet again's" I have had to say truly I am not sure why it was but, really it was gut wrenching.  I am starting to really feel that I am coming to a different point in myMission.  My thoughts are much more of how I can make the truth simple and as simple as can be. I am praying that I as I am doing all that can that the Lord will bless me in a way that will help Him more effectively in the work.  I feel weird being in Albany though, a little out of place really to be honest it seems to me really surreal.  The thing that is really weird is that I am only 3 blocks from the Three Lakes Ward in Albany.  I was thinking that I must be needed here for a reason.  My new companion is Elder Bagley he came out with Elder Hamblin. He seems to be a good missionary and so I will need you continued help through your prayer that we will see success! 

Something that I am starting to feel more and more the longer I am out is the power of each and every single soul.  The spirit of each person is so distinct that as I sit and talk to people you begin to feel more and more the power that each and every single soul begins to the table.  You can see what it means in Doctrine and Covenants 19 when the lord says "every soul is great in the eyes of God." I am really wondering more how we can be more like the Savior in all things that as we strive to do all that he asks of us we begin to feel the manifestation that he loves every single one of His children.  The reason that I say that is when I was leaving to get in the car to go to Albany the member that was taking me from Coquille to Eugene looked me in the eyes and said "Elder, I love you and please come back."  He then starred into my eyes for a moment and the spirit was so strong and as I was there I said "I will be back, I promise .... I promise."  I said that and tears filled my eyes and so great was my joy that I am truly moved to have the greatest opportunity that I have had to be truly changed and to grow in such a short period of time.  I am sure that I am here to be refined in a way that Lord would like me to be refined so that I can be more like Him.

Sorry my email today seems so over the place.

So that is the reason that this email is late I have been running around all day! Well, I am sure that Duck is blast! I am in need of an Email address from Katie Delis, I would love to keep in contact.  To me that would be awesome! I would also like to hear from Nicholas that would be a huge help I miss being able to hear for him. 

--
Elder Christian James Delis


No comments:

Post a Comment