"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week of September ONE-OH--This missionary is gungHO!

Subject: Well, this will be a great week to come!

Hey!

That is really quite an exciting day that I am able to do all that the Lord has asked of us! We are still doing all that we can to do everything that the Lord asks of us. Also I did the package I got in on Saturday before Labor Day and I really do like the tie a lot thank you! 

The baptism is still on for the 15th we are really excited we are really working on the fact that we feel strongly that it will happen just the way that the Lord asks us to do it.  It is really exciting to have events take place the way that the Lord would have them go.  I have been thinking about somethings lately (I know me using my brain...bad idea!) I have been pondering the powerful influence of the atonement in the way that we help so many know that he is there.  The question I have been posing myself is this: has the atonement been into my life or am I just sitting and letting it work through others.  The most difficult thing that I am seeing is that--when so many are allowing the atonement to work around them, if you know what I mean.  I am really seeing that principle as I work to understand the Lord as He says, "take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly at heart and I shall give rest unto your souls." That is really what being a missionary is. it means that you are willing to work hard and learn his doctrine. It then it just falls right in line.  No matter the struggle no matter the cost no matter the difficultly, the power of the spirit is there to help me to understand my purpose.  the best power comes from within when we allow our heart to be changed, when we allow our inabilities to be strengthened and then be so much more focused on becoming strengthened.  The Lord is not just building a small bunch of people who listen, but a powerful army of souls willing to do all the Father's Will.  

This week was not to eventful besides what I have said to you and we are going to be moving into a different duplex. SO yeah we will be moving this week, or so we are told we will see we are hoping to move and have it all go well.  We are still doing alot of finding we are trying to find as many as possible to listen are willing to come unto Christ in a way that is pleasing to Him. Well family I love you and I am glad to hear all is well!  We are really just doing as much as we can to help others come unto our Savior!
I love you
Elder Christian James Delis

1 comment:

  1. To Elder Christian James Delis,
    I am grateful to have found this, as it offers a wonderful window into the life of my old school friend. I can't tell you how much it pleases me to see that you and your sister have been happy these last few years, and the tales of the adventures that have read far exceed anything else I have seen from our school in terms of awesomeness. It saddens me to hear about your illness though.

    Unfortunately I don't have much time on my end, but when your term ends I'd like to catch up.

    ReplyDelete