"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week of June One-SEVEN: Hearing from our missionaries is always HEAVEN!!

Elder D!

Subject:  Man this has been a week of things to do.

Howdy!

Well, this was a good day!  I am so grateful for the miracles that I have been able to be apart of!  On Tuesday we baptized M------- R-----.  That was an awesome experience, we confirmed her on the spot and we were able to have such a wonderful moment when the testimonies were bore that night, they testified to everyone of the truthfulness of the work.  So that was a spiritual feast for the week.  The baptism set the stage for the rest of the week.  We have been spending time searching for those ready for the message of the restored Gospel.  The hardest thing is that we are able to do all the Lord needs us to do.  It is a blessing that comes from obedience and diligence.  We found some people and we also were able to do the necessary portions to work hard in this section of the Lord's vineyard. 

Friday was also a very cool day, we had another baptism!  H--- C----- was baptized.  That baptism, too, was wonderful!  The most amazing things about baptisms is the feeling that as we work diligently, we are rewarded openly.  We have to act on our promptings and the Holy Ghost has been moving hearts one soul at a time. 

This week was busy and I am grateful for the gospel, it is truly a blessing.

I am glad all is well!  I love you all and I hope you are able to feel my love!

Love,

Elder Christian James Delis

---------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Hello, hello!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY A DAY LATE!!

There is a card in the mail--hope you don't think it is too dumb.  Normally Father's Day cards are pretty lame.  You know, fart jokes galore.  Don't get me wrong--I love myself a good fart joke--but that's all the dad's seem to get!  The card I sent is no better, haha.  BUT, I sent it with love.  Hope it gets there soon. :)

Until then, let me just tell you that I love you.  VERY MUCH!!  I tell people almost daily what a cool person you are.  In fact, let me tell you right this minute 3 reasons why I am grateful for you:
1.  You listen to me.  Even when I am totally dumb, haha, and I am so grateful that my opinions matter to you.  It helps me to feel loved knowing that what matters to me matters to you, too.
2.  You lead by example.  I LOVE that you live what you believe, and you don't have to say a thing.  You teach me honesty, hope, integrity, diligence, and love by just being YOU.  I love that.  I want to be like that, too.
3.  You love mom so much!  I want to marry someone who takes care of me like you take care of mom.  I've learned so much about how important that is since I left, and I know a lot better that I am worth that sort of treatment.  I cannot settle for less.  I am grateful that you have given me a standard to look to in that regard, and hope that someone like that is REAL!  And in my very own home, even.  Thanks. :)

I'll give you a big hug SO DANG SOON!!  Until then, I hope you feel my prayers. :) And anywho, it sounds like you guys had an awesome week--AND COOL WEEK coming up in Chicago!  I'll wave towards O'Hare today. :)

I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father that is super, super mindful of me. I heard this quote by president monson recently, and he said that he always wanted the Lord to know that "if there was a task that the Lord needed to get done, Tom Monson would do it." I started to pray to be able to do that, too. I noticed throughout the week that sometimes I didn't want to do what the Lord wanted me to do--I think that's where my lack of confidence and faith came in and therefore my little bit of sadness today. BUT I did a lot, if not most of what I felt like needed to be done. I think I can point to multiple things daily that were tasks the Lord needed to get done. And I did them well. I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist!! So many good things happen, but I am so fixated on what went wrong!! I always want to be perfect instantly and I have a hard time being patient with myself. And others. I am grateful to at least be GROWING. I feel like a whole new creature from the one that came out here, and that I am grateful for. I am rambling about dumb stuff today, I am sorry. :) Anywho, the problems in my life are so little by comparison to what is really out there in the world, ha. I think Hna Day and I should just go get ice cream for preparation day after this, ha. :) Decision made. 

SPEAKING OF COMPANIONS, I am getting TWO NEW ONES TOMORROW. I am team-training a new missionary the last transfer in the mission. :) I am stressed, which also probably adds to my hyper-sensitivity to all the things I am doing wrong, ha. :) I am a crazy person, sorry you're getting a dumb email from me today. I just want to do good. Any and all prayers would be great. :)

I love you all lots, and I am grateful for you. Thanks for all you are doing. I love this work, and I love the Savior. I love representing Him and learning how to do it better. What a special task. :) 

Love you, love you!
Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment