"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week of June Twenty-FOUR: Each new transfer brings Changes GALORE!

Elder D!

Subject:  Transfers!  Yes again ... No more Elder D---- :/

WOW!

Six weeks just flew by and I am just praying that all will go well for the next six!  My new companion is Elder F-----, I don't know much about him, but he is going home soon, I am told.  I pray that we willcontinue to see success.  It is sad to see Elder D---- go and leave Coquille, but the good news he will be in a temple area!  He was kinda excited about that! 

So this week was not super eventful.  We spent our time and effort into finding.  We are focusing on Part-member families and Less-actives.  An analogy I have been trying to use is "building of a house."  How as we are baptized and attend church it builds a foundation for us.  As the house's foundation begins to cure it gets stronger.  As we receive revelation, we then start to build our homes brick by brick, so that we are comfortable and we gain a stronger testimony of how much the Lord loves us and here is there.  And how everything we learn is to help us understand about the kingdom of heaven.  I am still working on the analogy, but I hope the message is coming across correctly. :) 

Yesterday in church we set 2 dates for baptism.  One for E----, she was taught the lessons in Klamath Falls.  And also J--- L------ was taught in the past, but now feels ready.  OHHHH I almost forgot the coolest experience ever!  Elder D---- and I were tracting on Tuesday, we had no set plans for the day and we were really just focusing on the less-actives.  We went to one of their homes and while we were there a man named H----- C----- came to us asking if we would come to his home.  He called the ward a couple of weeks ago during splits.  He was a minister for a while, but has since retired.  He explained to us how he know the Gospel is true and that there is something missing in his life.  That was so incredible!  We saw him Thursday and Saturday.  Watching these kind of miracles are awesome!

Well family, I love ya and I miss ya!

Love,

Elder Christian James Delis

-----------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject: WOWZA!  Sorry this is coming so late!

Hello!

Sorry for the delayed letter!  I know that stinks.  We are going to the temple later today, so we switched our preparation days.  So sorry for the no notice.  It was short notice for us, too.  But alas.  Here we are. :)

Okay, so I just cried reading about my setting apart time!  So crazy!  I hear THE MISSIONARY has to take their own tag off.  That's how it should be, but OUCH!  Pray for me lots that day, ha.  Anyway, good mini-cry, but a cry nonetheless.  I just love this calling.  I love this work.  One time Elder H------ said that "the mission is as real as it gets" -- how true!  We learn what heaven is like out here.  It's a powerful and very happy place. :)

This transfer has started off INCREDIBLY.  I am loving co-trainging--Hna W------ is the trainee and Hna R----- is my partner!  It's been wild, but so so SO fun.  We are a fiesty team.  :) I couldn't ask for a better set-up this transfer: we work hard, let me tell you, (Side note: I am going to come home so tired. I repeat SO TIRED, ha.  I am exhausted), we teach like crazy still, talk to everyone, invite everyone, we DO MISSIONARY WORK.  And we're doing it well and with the Spirit.  Man, I didn't think the mission could get better, but it always does. 

As always, the biggest struggle is just learning what the Lord wants for the area and my companions.  I know the mechanics of missionary work--you pick up on those quick enough.  I have my personal "style" at this point, I know the language well.  But it's the revelation and guidance and the acting on what you receive that really motivates what happens in the work.  AKA your faith, prayer, and spiritual staying power is what is tough!  Anywho, I've felt so strongly these past days that He's given me some weighty responisibilities that I was NOT expecting or that I would not naturally prefer, haha, but I feel empowered by the Lord's trust in me and the strength and wisdom that He has given me these past few days especially.  He is so mindful.  I love that HE takes care of me out here.  I can focus on everyone else, and when I pray--even if just for a moment--I feel His guidance and overwhelming love for me and His children.  I am never forgotten.  I am thankful that he lets me take care of His children as well!  I work hard to be mindful of them.  I am learning my role and I am grateful that I am being strengthened in the tasks I've been given.  I had no idea the spiritual, emotional, physical strength inside me.  So crazy what we learn, the lessons we need.  It's just so cool that we always keep learning.  We are NEVER a finished product while here on earth.  I love that.  TAKE THAT PERFECTIONSIMS! Haha :)

So do we all want to hear some awesome news?  I think yes... :)

A--- IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!

I can't tell you how awesome that is.  Just let that truth sit in your mind for a few seconds, and smile. :)  I keep doing tht when I have asec, haha. :)  On JULY 14, read his favorite scripture (Ether 12:27) and say a little prayer for him!  He will feel your love. :)

So many good things happening over here. :)

My newest favorite truth to remind myself of when I want to feel STRONGER:  This is CHRIST'S church!  Just make the decision to believe that, and you will be happy.  Guaraunteeed. :)

Anywho, love you all big time.  I am so grateful for your love and support, and please pray for my companions!!  Love you love you love you, have an awesome week!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment