"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week of January One FIVE: Missionaries tract and JIVE

Elder D!


Subject:  I can say that I don't feel as if I have been out that long ... oh well!


Hello Family!


I have been realizing I am getting to that point where I have less time out then I do when I have been out.  I am not lying that it feels weird to me.  I can see the end but really I am hoping that it is not going to be as soon as it seems.


This week was interesting.  I am not even kidding, Elder B----- and I spent just under 13 hours tracking this last week.  It was a good use of time.  We have found a lot of people who we are trying to have come unto Christ.  In the last two weeks we have found about 19 people we are praying and hoping that they will come to the realization we have the truth.  So this week we have been doing all we can to do what God wants us to.  We have been making it a solid effort to make that our focus it is not just in the way we act but the way we think.  So that our thoughts are what God would want us to think and to lead us to those souls.  It's a hugely difficult task but, I know that it can be done.  It just takes every ounce of our effort to be on the companionship of the Spirit.  We are being as obedient as we can to be that instrument and having the whole focus on those we find not on the small things that can get in the way.  Elder B----- is being a huge help for me and he is amazing at listening to the Spirit.  I am hoping I can do the same.  Sometimes he looses me when he is listening cause sometimes I wonder how he will jump to a thought, but he is still is a huge motivator for me to strive to do better.


To answer you about the Physical Therapist, I went and saw him last Wednesday.  Basically, my hip was not aligned.  It must have been rotated too far forward.  I am going again later today to see him again.  I feel good other than that.


LOVE!


Elder Christian James Delis


-----------------------------------


Hermana Kate Delis


Subject: Familias son eternas!


Hello to my familia!  Happy today!  I hope you are all doing well.  Thanks for the emails--it was great to read about everything.  I hope Christian's exam went well--I didn't get an email yet from him, so I hope all went well.  How fun Amy and Becky were there!!  That's so great!  And you ate at the famous Rays Hell Burger joint.  Dad, we're praying for you over here!  Hope your kick off speech goes well.  Mom!  Can you believe you start school so soon?  CRAZY!!  You'll be a "master" soon.  I think that's just what I'll call you--an art history MASTER.  Like a pokemon master?  I think it sounds pretty cool.  MASTER MOM.  Nicholas, haha, nice to hear about the barf-and-run.  Must've worked great to get 3rd place!  Haha, there are elders that have like 3 eating appointments in a day---it happens on accident, people just love to feed us, ha--and they throw up in between because they just can't eat it all, haha.  So gross.  Luckily that has never happened to me.  


ANYWHO, life is great over here.  Mom and Dad, thanks for saying you see blessings for our service.  I wonder sometimes, haha.  This week was so so so so HARD.  Emotionally, Physically, spiritually, I was so drained last night while we were driving home to plan for today.  Hna C----- and I were talking about the madness that happened this week:  We had to stop visiting some of our favorite people because they were not progressing, we're probably going to have to stop visiting another one of our favorite people, we got a new mission leader and things are changing in the branch BIG TIME, my spanish was so nasty this week, Hna C----- and I talked about a lot of frustrations we have this week...it was just a week of madness. And I was just exhausted.  And then it was kind of silent in the car and I just started to think about how much I gained this week.  I did so many hard things.  I developed a lot of really good habits of leadership this week, ALL of our investigators know that we love them, and all of the members know we love them--no doubts there ever, I studied Spanish so hard this week, and I learned really awesome parts of the grammar I hadn't understood and used them even though it didn't sound perfectly fluid every time, I treasured the scriptures and we helped L--- H-------- start reading them, I was a patient companion, I recognized where I lacked and tried to fix it, I followed a lot of promptings from the Spirit.  I thought about all these things and I was amazed.  I don't want to go through this week again, but I was in awe with what I gained from it.  Hna C----- y yo talked about it for a minute and I just started to think "If a hard week in the mission leaves me feeling this impressed, can you imagine what it will feel like to look back on a lifetime?"


I am so thankful for the life I have.  I am starting to understand in a small, small way that my life is just a small part of who I am.  I know I lived with God before I came here, and I know He loves me.  He treats me like a treasure.  I feel His love because I am His child, and He wants me to succeed.  So He places me in situations where I can grow and choose to become better.  I am slowly learning that I am so capable to succeed.  Central to my success is the Savior.  Family, I know He lives.  He is central to my progression.  And if He is central to MY progression, He is the foundation of why we are here, and why we can hope for something better than what we go through every day.  I pray I can better testify of Him.  I know the Book of Mormon testifies of Him perfectly.  I know they way to rely on Him is by living the principles of His gospel that are found por complete in the Book of Mormon.  I know we are never alone, and that we are important, imperfect beings in the process of recognizing our divine nature.  I love being a missionary because my life is spent telling people the simple truths that lead to salvation.  I invite others to come unto Christ.  Today I use words I do every day, but I just hope I can live forever in a way that testifies of Him.  We are so so lucky to have what we do as members of the church.  We truly have the truth.  So let's just live it. :)  It is too happy to not!


Okay, I love to be a missionary.  I think it is easier than not being one, haha.  The trick will be figuring out how to always be sharing the gospel without the tag...I think it's just in living it and being happy to follow the Savior.  That's just not easy sometimes.  Ohhh, life.  Well, I hope your week rocks, than you for your examples for me every day!  I think about you often an I will forever be grateful for the love you have for me.  I love you lots back, and I will talk to you next week!!


Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment