"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week of January EIGHT: Emails now arrive on Monday from BOTH Christian and KATE!

Elder D!

Subject:  WOW!  I talk too much of faith and this is what happens when I act...You think I would have done that earlier!

Hello family!

I am so grateful just to serve!  The miracles of the new year are coming by so fast!  I am not even lying!  I am so glad that nothing is going to be happening without the Lord's help since without him I cannot do the work! 

This week for me was all about doing what I can to serve God and go forth with the faith necessary to find individuals who are earnestly searching when we tract.  The scripture I continue to use as my basic standard is Mormon 9:21, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."  My companion and I have been doing this non-stop.  Even though we are working, doing all that we can to teach, it is a good thing to do even if you want to succeed at any point in life.  I have been doing a lot of studying on the Atonement in 2 Nephi 2.  It is one of my favorite chapters in the whole Book of Mormon--I would say, this is where my conversion lies.  It speaks about all the things we know to be true about the plan of happiness.  It outlines what makes and helps men be happy and come nearer to the Savior.  It talks much on how we must live our lives.  That higher law spoken of by Jesus on the Sermon on the mount.  The one question that comes to my mind when I read on the atonement is about the word intercession.  In verse 9 it reads "wherefore, he is the first fruits unto God, inasmuch as he shall make intercession for all the children of me..."  I went to the footnotes to find a good definition and found D&C 45:3 "Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him".  So when I read this, I was literally thinking of what does that make the Lord?  He is our lawyer in heaven for all our sins.  That no matter the pains we feel he felt them and said, "forgive them father for they know not what they do."  and I see that God needs that to be a part of the price.  He fights to have us be as "saints" through the Atonement.  It gives us the knowledge to be better and grow. 

Man!  I am running out of time!  I was hoping to write more.  I am praying for you and I am always doing all I can to show my love even if it is in my letters.  I hope your enjoyed your past week and this upcoming week!

I love you A LOT!!!

Love,

Elder Christian James Delis

--------------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  YOU CAN DO IT MOM!!!

Okay, well, como siempre, I don't have the time to tell you all the that's going on, but the area's rockin. :) I given you great updates about the area recently, so here is some good little moments: Yesterday was one of the greatest days ever at church.  The whole rooms was FULL of members at sacrament meeting!! Hna C----- said she hadn't ever seen the room that full since being there.  Everyone was just glowing. :) A lot of less-active members of the branch were there with their families and everyone was happy to see everyone.  So cool!!!  We felt so lucky to be among such great people. 

Also, H------- is doing so well.  We see a little more light in him every time we come over, and we feel like he is finally starting to open up to us.  He feels pretty worthless, and he is a very sad man.  But we believe he is starting to see himself a little more like God sees him, slowly but surely.  We love that man so much.  I love that I get to know Spanish so I can talk to him!!  Also we found a family this week knocking on doors!  O----- is a mom who is concerned for her daughter (the usual) but because she doesn't believe that God has done anything for her.  We had a great lesson about the nature of God and the importance of searching for the truth.  They are excited to have us back, and we're excited to be there :).  We've also been going through our area book to find old investigators that might be interested in learning again. It's been really interesting for us to discern what to teach these people as we meet them--especially for me.  I've just felt the Lord directing me so gently these past few weeks, and I am so grateful.  I've had a hard time these past few weeks making some big decisions about coming home and stuff, and struggling teaching, companion growing pains, the usual, and I've just been stressed out.  But it has been so nice to feel the Lord's guidance in the finding and talking with people.  I feel so so good when I am just WITH PEOPLE.  I love being a missionary and loving people.  It is so great.  I could just talk to these people forever.  And I just feel that we have been blessed with a lot of guidance to know who to be with and when.  It's been very very special to me.

As for me, I am great. :)  Stressed, like normal, but great.  My mission president was great about asking about my date to come home--he just trusts me.  I am so thankful for that.  My mission president is exactly the person I needed to be my mission president.  I couldn't have told you that before my mission--I don't know what I needed/need, but he just talks to me with so much respect, and I am so thankful for that.  Respect is important.  I am thankful for worthy people who lead and guide the church.

Okay, I have got to go!  I love you very much!

Love you lots!!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment