"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week of January Twenty-TWO: Missionaries always have a List of Ta DOs!

Elder D!

Subject: Well this is an unexpected amount of rain ... so yea ...

HI!

So that you are not shocked, I am getting a MRI Wednesday.  I am still in pain and yes, it is not fun.  I am not really enjoying that, but the MRI on back is to see if it is more than what the doctors think.  I am sure whatever it may be, there is a reason for it, though I am not sure what it is.  As it says in D&C 121 "Ye are not yet as Job."  The reason we go through things is for our growth, so hopefully I grow from this experience.

So this week was pretty good other than we had snow and enough rain that it flooded in the Albany area.  I truly have to say we had a lot of rain.  When Elder B----- and I had the car and as soon as we gave the car to the other missionaries the rain started to stop.  I thought that was interesting.  That was a very different response then I thought would be since we had rain for 7 straight days.

This week we set a date with M--- T-----.  It was really cool we were able to teach him and we are praying that he will be spiritually ready for the upcoming date.  We are not sure though, it will all depend on him and the work we put in as well.  It will be very cool if he really does choose to come unto Christ.

On Sunday I had to give a spur of the moment talk.  I had only 2 days notice.  It reminded of the times every time that dad needed someone to talk and then I was given an opportunity to do it.  The topic was on the Sabbath and the Sacrament by Elder L. T-- P-----.  I am not sure if you will remember saying this dad, but do you remember a time the missionaries spoke before I left?  Anyways, dad, you leaned over to me and said, I quote, "See, how those missionaries don't have any notes?"  I said, "Ya."  "Well when you are a missionary and you don't have any notes and get lost in what you need to talk about, I am going to find you and get you!"  Then you just smiled and laughed a little.  SOOOOO you don't need to come after me, I used notes.  They are actually in my journal and it was quite convenient.  I feel like it went well and that when we speak of the importance to the Sacrament and the Sabbath day, I was able to give a decent talk. 

I love you and I pray for you!

Elder Christian James Delis

---------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Happy hip-healing, good conference, going back to school, and finishing track day to everyone!

Hello, family!

Happy today.  :)  Thanks for your letters--as usual, they were great.  I am always grateful to hear about the blessings you guys are receiving every day!  I love blessings!  I love hearing about other people's little blessings.  You really get to know people by understanding what they consider a personal tender mercy from the Lord.  I know God loves us, He is so so mindful of us. :)  Let me tell you about some of my tender mercies this week, actually since we're on the topic. :)

1.  We got in contact with so so SO many people this week.  People that we hadn't seen in a while.  Hna C----- felt she should call a man they taught in the past, and long story short: he is so ready for the gospel.  We just listened to him talk through his problems, testified of the truth, and then he told us we were definitely his answer to many prayers.  So pray for U-----!  He is ready for the gospel.

2. Spanish.  Spanish will forever be my unexpected blessing from the Lord.  I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I've been given to widen the range of people I can meet and know.  I have this whole new dimension of life because I know another language.  I can't believe Heavenly Father just GAVE this to me.  Truly, it was just handed to me.  I just have to use it, and I learn it.  It's that simple.  SO, guess what  Hna C----- and I are doing?  We only speak Spanish.  Only Spanish all the time.  Yesterday I think we said maybe 50 words each in English while talking to someone on the street o algo asi.  And we talked all day!!!  Language is so cool, and I just can't express to you the extent of my gratitude to have this extra cool tool in my life.  I know I have it so I can know more people, love more people.  And the crazy part about it all is that I am blessed so hugely for it.  I get blessings for having it!  It seems so backwards, ha.  That's like the joke of the mission: you go in with all these awesome desires to just do good, try to give everything to the work--to the Lord, and you just end up getting 100 times more than you can give.  Think about it: you give all you have, just every ounce of energy, hope, strength, desire, anything and everything, and then YOU are the recipient of blessings that you didn't expect of hope for even.  They just come.  And then you just pray your heart out that the people you meet feel that, too.  The mission is so crazy, ha.  I am so grateful. :)

3.  Our new branch mission leader, Hno M------.  I almost want to cry thinking about having him as a new mission leader, haha, that sounds so dumb--he's just the mission leader in the branch!  But I just feel so very blessed to have him leading us.  He just knows how to do missionary work, and he puts us to work with the members, helps us fulfill the things we want to do, and he respects us.

4. I still love Spanish!

5.  We are learning how to truly find the elect.  We've had to stop visiting quite a few people recently because of unexpected circumstances, and it had been a little heartbreaking.  But the area is being shaped for big changes to come, and we're watching them unfold.  I feel blessed to be apart of the movement here.  I am one in an army of saints trying to follow the Lord, trying to be disciples of Him who sent us, and I just love being in that little, fiesty army!

Okay, well I gotta go. :)  I hope your week is great and happy.  Thank you for your prayers, I FEEL THEM. :)  The work just keeps getting better, ha.  Sometimes it kills me when I write that in my emails.  It's true, but the whole week is so hard, and the work is ALWAYS good, I think I just change with every week.  I just see that I become a little better.  Oh, the mission.  Incredible.

Love you tons, and talk to you soon!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment