"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week of January FIRST: Sweet Testimonies Make Our Hearts Want to BURST!

Elder D!

Subject:  A New Year!

Well Hello!

I am excited for the new year!  Mormon 9:21, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."  This scripture is the basis to all that I do right now.  I have faith that in the next months we can see up to 100 baptisms a month as a mission and there is a family for us to find!  I do not doubt that it is possible.  And that we will find those we promised to find before this life.  I am excited to see how this year will play out! 

I am going to see a doctor about my hip and my watch battery died.  Funny thing is that it died at 6:30 this morning...I thought it was funny that it would die the moment I need to get up.  I am excited to get the new shoes and contacts, those will be a huge blessing.  I am not even kidding.

I love you all and I want to end my letter today with the words that mean more to my soul than anything...I know my Savior lives, that every single time that I say that I know the light of Christ is brigtened just a little.  I know that every man knows Jesus is the Christ even if they say that they do not believe in him to be the Savior of mankind, God will manifest the truth of it unto them.  I am sure that the words of the scriptures have helped me and they can help all people.  I rejoice in Christ and all He did!  I am grateful to live at this time to serve Him.  I love this work and I love the many people I serve at this time.  I know that this call is to preach to every creature (Matt 28:19-20).  I say this int he name of my redeemer, my savior, my older brother, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Elder Christian James Delis

----------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Happy today!

Hello, family!  Happy today!

Thanks for the emails, it is great to hear how everyone is doing.  Mom and Dad, you sound like you're having a great time together.  WAHOO!  Your new dates sound really fun this year!  You guys are always doing fun stuff! 

Okay some business: 
  • Chicago's preparation days are getting changed to Monday as of next week, so I will be sending emails and what not on  Monday starting next week.  WOO!
  • Summer Plans:  sure!  The beach sounds fun. :)
  • Thanks so much again for taking care of school for me.
Well, things are all going great over here. :)  Let me tell you today about the absolute best and worst thing about the missions:  companions.  Companions are everything.  You are never alone.  I had no idea what that meant until I came on a mission.  YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.  It's such an interesting concept, ha.  Just think about your life for a minute: When are you alone?  What do you do while you are alone?  What sort of things are private in  your life?  Who do you let into those parts of your life?  When you are never alone, you don't have a space to bottle things up or to keep them separate, and if you do bottle things up, you're nto united.  so what is important to you is important to your companion.  What matters in your life matters in theirss.  Whatever flaws, joys, pains, weaknesses, trials, excitement, whatever happens in your life happens in theirs and vice verso.  That is so hard, but I am grateful for the experience.  I have learned so much about the relationships I want to have in my life and the way to help others become better.  It is so interesting the things I end up learning while I'm out here.  It is so different than I had expected.  But I am grateful for the people the Lord has put in my life right now.  Every one of my companions has been life-changing for me--they've just made me better.  I will forever be thankful for them.

Okay, I have to get going--I never have as much time as I want!  I hope you are all great and I will talk to you a little sooner than normal! 

Love you lots,

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment