"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week of One-SIX: SUPER GLUE is a MEDICAL FIX!!!

Elder D!

Subject: I am fine I promise!  It's not stitches just gluded!

Hello family!

I am alright!  I am being taken of really well.  The ward is watching out for me!  I can say also tell you I am NOT being transferred and either is Elder R-----, which is nice.  I am alright, I promise.  Just pray for me!

So the accident ... I was biking from my apartment to the church to prepare for a lesson and I was trying to get back to the church really fast.  I was going to make a turn.  As I made the turn it was at an incline and it was not a big incline, but it was noticeable.  As I made the turn I hit wet leaves and I loss control of my bike.  When I was trying to save my face from hitting, my first response was to try and turn my body and I did that pretty fast.  I ripped up my shirt and a pair of my suit blue slacks.  I was on my way to try and recover myself from the accident when my backpack hit the back of my head and caused my face to hit the pavement.  I did forget my helmet :( I took it off when we got to the apartment to get things for the lesson.  The weird thing is that I normally leave my helmet on when I get things from the apartment and we need to leave fast after we get there.  I also had an impression when I was getting ready that morning at about 5:30.  I was deciding which shirt I should wear and I had the thought "Ya know, I think that I need to wear a shirt I don't mind getting dirty."  I have been doing a lot thinking about the impressions I get and have realized that each one is for a reason.  I will send you my memory stick so that I can send you the pictures of my face.  I just have a swollen lip and swollen nose.  I hit my tooth, it hurts a little bit and luckily did not get chipped.  I will send you a picture of my slacks, but the ward took my shirt and so I won't be able to send you a picture of my blackened shirt that I tore.

So family, I do need to probably get my bike tuned up and I am definitely in need of some ice packs.  And I am going to get some pain medicine and a way to get rid of the swelling as well.

Love,

Elder Christian James Delis

--------------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject: YOUCH, ELDER DELIS!

Nice story Elder Delis!  Sorry you had to get your face glued up.  Some day I will tell you stories of bikes in the city.  Hahaaa you will laugh.  Missionaries get "doored."   So great, ha, ish.  Stories to come. :)  Well, at least we can take comfort in Alma 40:23 on your behalf--your face won't be messed up forever.  Haha, I'm just teasing, of course. :)

Well this week ROCKED!  Just rocked.  I am so excited because I am just seeing some big answers to things that I've been praying for a long time.  God hears my prayers, and He answers them.  I know He listens to me.  Why, I don't know sometimes, ha.  Be He does.

We are teaching SO MANY good good people right now and they are progressing so well.  (she lists 10 names--I am sorry I don't feel comfortable including them due to mission rules.)  These are my very best friends these days, and I just love them.  I am so grateful that I get to know them, that the Lord has let ME be one of the messengers to bring them truth.  I can't believe it some days.  I can't believe that I get to be the one to bare my testimony to them.  They are incredible.  I always write about them to my mission president, and I will copy what I wrote today about them so you can hear, too... (again, sorry I am going to forgo attaching Kate's thoughts of her investigators.  It really is for thier safety.  There are too many stories circulating about how anti-members use missionary sites to harm investigators.)

I love being a missionary.  I love the gospel.  I love where I am in my life right now.  I am so lucky.  I can't handle it some days, ha.  I can't believe the miracles that happen daily--around and in me.  It is overwhelming the things the Lord gives me, just places in my life.  Thanks for loving me enough to let me be here today and for giving me the support I need to keep going.  I feel so blessed. :)

Love you lots! :)

Hna Delis

Mormon 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment