"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week of October NINE: Life is Good Because my Missionaries are FINE!

Elder D!

Subject: A good week!

Hey family,

Sorry for the late email.  I have been super busy today!  So this week we had a member of the 70!  His name is Elder K--------.  It was a powerful meeting he spent the whole talk on prayer!  I am not even kidding when I tell you I took 6 pages of notes!  The amazing thing is that every time I thought I was done writing I had a thought that I felt that I had to put down.  The basis of the whole meeting was that we pray with our investigators!  It teaches us to do that in the Preach My Gospel manual, but not as clearly as Elder K-------- stressed it.  He talked about it for five hours, it was truly incredible.  I had an enjoyable time at the Zone Conference.  The spirit was strong and you could feel it.  Also I saw President and Sister Y---- twice.  It was interesting.  He talked to me for a moment or two alone.  He told me today mom you are doing great.  I am grateful for you and I wish I could express how grateful I am!  I love you and wish I could send you a hug ( ) (a virtual hug)!  So thank you! 

I have also an experience that was cool.  My companion and I went to Walmart to get some NyQuil and DayQuil so I could make it through the week on Friday (yes I have a cold :( ) and we saw R---- L---- who is less active.  We are trying to get him to come back to church.  As we were there he asked us to come to his house.  So we did.  We gave his son a blessing and his son and wife want to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!  After all that, we are seeing some progress!!!

Well family, I am sorry for the short and late email.  I want you to know I love you and that I really LOVE YOU!!!  Oh don't forget, Find, Teach, Baptize, Retain...don't forget that you can help the members too.  The work is absolutely nothing without YOU!

Love you so much!

Elder Christian James Delis

--------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject: "Tan esencial como lo que usted haga es la clase de persona que sea"

This week was GREAT.  Cool things to know about:

J--- G-------: Dad, I wish you could meet this guy.  For some reason, he just reminds me of the people I feel like you taught on your mission.  I don't know why over others, ha, may because he's Puerto Rican, I don't know.  But he is great.  We met him outside and talked to him for a little bit, invited him to church, and then this week he came!!  YEAH!!  He is great.  Sometimes there are people you meet and you just know they are ready to accept the gospel.  He is one of them.  I hope I can get a picture with him soom so you can see him.  He's got a hard family situation, well, not awful--his wife just calls us messengers of the devil every time we come over, haha.  I don't know why she's so mad.  But she's just always mad where we're there.  Maybe it's just while we're there.  But everytime Jose opens his mouth, the Spirit just fills the room.  It's crazy.  The only way to explain it, is that he is ready for the gospel.

L----- Y M----: this pareja is so so funny.  I can't stand it sometimes, they just kill me.  M---- told us the funniest story ever.  Ahh, I'm not going to have time, ha.  I am so sorry.  I promise I will tell you one day.  They are just funny, and they are progressing SO WELL.  I love them very much.

HNO J---: Our mission leader thought I might be leaving this transfer, and he wanted to make sure that he said goodbye just in case.  He said some of the nicest things I have ever heard.  All in Spanish.  Sometimes I laugh because I can understand Spanish.  How weird.  But he said that he has learned a lot from me.  And he listed very specific things--HOW BACKWARDS.  Truly, so very backwards.  One day I will have to explain the impact Hna J--- has had on my life.  He is just the missionary I hope to be one day.  He is so awesome.

Anywho, the Spanish phrase at the top of my heading, I am probably not going to get to explain now because I am short on time.  But it is true:  Who we are is so important.  I am loving learning how to live and apply things I teach and learning how to teach what I am trying to live.  It is so so great. 

Okay, I must go.  I love you very much!!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment