"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Friday, September 9, 2011

Week of September FOUR: Week of transfers and so much MORE!

Elder D!

Subject: Soooooo here is the beginning of a new transfer ... Not in Corvallis ...

Hello!

Well family, I have some news for you ... I am going to be leaving Corvallis and I am going to be going to Cottage Grove.  My mission president this transfer called every set of missionaries in the Oregon Eugene Mission to tell them where they are going to be serving.  When I answered the phone, my mission president said and I quote, "Elder I have an assignment for you this transfer in Cottage Grove.  I need you and your new companion to be super obedient!  Do all that you can to make sure that the area is able to have 2-4 baptisms in the next 12 weeks."  Okay, guess I've got my marching orders!  I am going to pray that I can get the area to be that which the Lords desires.  So on Wednesday I leave Corvallis.  Oh cool news my companion who I trained is now training!!

This week was a depressing one.  It was really just full of goodbyes.  Not really how I wanted to be spending most of my week, but that is the way that is seemed to go.  I really am starting to see why missionaries are supposed to get transferred.  It is not only since we need to help others, but also we need to learn how to adjust to different situations.  I am praying that I can do what is important for the Lord.  I hope I do it right!  .... We will see though.  I think what most of my mission will be spent doing (guessing from the areas I have already served in and the one I am going to) is to "fix" areas.  That's what I think anyway, but we will see.

Love Ya!  I have to pack!  I love ya loads!

Elder Christian James Delis

------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Milagros cada dia!

Hello, fam!  Happy autumn day!  It is chilly here, and I think summer is for real gone.  Every day it is just a little bit chillier, and I just get a little more nervous for the winter months...ah!  Missionaries love to tell me horror stories about the winter...Lo vencere (I will overcome it). Ha. :)  Can you believe that the summer is over? 

To all:  want to hear a little miracle of the week?  Well, it is dumb, but it meant a lot to me.  Like I mentioned recently, I am tired of my clothes.  Especially skirts.  So sad.  But such is life, and I can handle it, because I am a big girl.  Haha.  On church this Sunday, the wife of one of the old consejos de la branch presidency (our branch presidency changed hace 2 meses) came to our branch again just for relief society.  She sat next to me and told me that she had this skirt that didn't fit her and she thought to herself this week "maybe it will fit hermana Delis."  So she drove out to our chapel--far from her house and church building--just to see if I wanted it.  I would have taken it even if it didn't fit, ha.  It was awesome.  So I have a really pretty brand new navy, pleated skirt that will be really warm in the winter, but still works great right now.  It was just a dumb, tiny moment, but it meant the world to me.  I was so grateful.  It is silly, but it was just a sign that Heavenly Father wants to take care of me.  He just takes care of us.  I pray that I can be a vessel of the Lord's constant concern for us just like this sister was for me this week.  She has a son on the mish, too, so I pray that someone is taking care of him.

Thanks for your lettters and love and suppport!  I love you all very much and pray for you daily.  :)  Have an awesome week.  Love you!!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment