"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Monday, September 19, 2011

Week of September ELEVEN:

Elder D!
Subject:  In Cottage Grove!  First Monday in Cottage Grove...this will be exciting!

Well Hello ALL!  I hope all is well!  So Cottage Grove, it is a small town in the outskirts of Eugene.  It is not huge, but the area we are expected to cover is just as big as Philomath (one of the towns he covered in his previous area).  So really it is not all that easy when it comes to getting everywhere since we are on full bike.  I find it funny how we are expected to get to a City named Drain and it is 14 miles away.  (sounds like his bike training will come in handy :))  I have served around areas with my new companion and I am excited to start this transfer.  I live next to a mortuary and we live over the garage that the hearse is in, so really it is pretty funny--ha ha ha--but it is one BIG apartment!  We have our own washer and dryer and it is cool I don't have to use any quarters to pay for my laundry.  Its heaven sent if you ask me!  So let me think...this week we "WE KICKED BUTT!" to quote my new companion and I can say that is really true...we did!  We were out and about talking to people and on Thursday, my first whole day in the area, we were ending our day and we had appointments with "eternigaters" (don't ask me...not sure what that means).  My companion had this really cool rope that he tied together.  As we were sitting there I told him he could use the rope in a lesson.  And guess what?  We did.  It was cool, it was a spur of the moment object lesson.

So thank you again for the prayers.  It was a very good transition to my new area.  I will have more to write in the future.  Sorry for the short letter.

I love you lots!

Elder Christian James Delis 

------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  MOM I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOUR FUTURE PLANS!!!

Hi, fam!!  How are you?  You all sound well and alive, both good things.  I can't believe the weather over there--so wild!  Big news of the week:  M---- ENA TIENE UNA FECHA BAUTISMAL!  She is so so sweet.  We had a powerfu lesson with her with one of our members.  He's actually the ward mission leader. Oh it was perfect.  Hno J--- (no names :)) always says how much he wishes he was better at his calling, how he wants to do so much more.  He got baptized two years ago and it just kills him that he never got to serve a mission.  He wants to so bad.  But in the lesson I just listened to him and I thought to myself "he is the missionary I hope to grow up to be."  He is so simple with his words, he listens, and when he prays he knows that he is talking to God.  That man is so powerful and will forever be my example of the missionary and person that I hope to be.  I am so grateful that he was there to help M---- seta date for her baptism: 8 de Octubre.  It is going to be a special day and I know she is capable of doing it. 

Ahhh...I don't have any time left, I am so sorry.  man oh man.  I will try to write a card this week because I am just so happy to be a missionary.  I feel like I am finally coming out of my really hard patch and I just see so many answers to so many quiet prayers every day.  Heavenly Father is just so mindful of us, and He loves us.  He takes whatever we can give and magnifies it.  I hope that by the time my life is over I can say that I really did change, that I really did give my life to Him.  That's why we're here.  If we just live the gospel, we are happy.  It is so simple, and so powerful.  I love to be a missionary fam.  I am so happy every single day. :)

I love you very much, and I hope you are all doing great. :)

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment