"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Friday, September 9, 2011

Week of August Twenty-Eight: Missionary posts are always HAPPY to CREATE!

Elder D!

Subject: This is quite a week

Well Family!

I can say I have been thinking about you a lot this past week!  I heard about a hurricane hitting you.  Also hearing about the earthquake made me worried.  I am glad all is well.  I am sorry I that I am not able to be there.  So I am praying for you all this week.  I am sure you are doing well.

So this week we had Zone Conference.  The theme my mission president focused on was "Raising the Bar."  I needed to hear everything he said.  There was a lot on reaching your full potential, doing all that you can to be mentally, physically and spiritually prepared to do the work that must be accomplished.  That a missionary must be prepared in all aspects to do the work.  No matter what was said, I felt like the message was for me.  I know that that's not the case, but I needed to hear what the conference was focused on.  I am sure my mission president hopes we feel that way and we are not just filling up our schedules.  I really look forward to Zone Conferences.  It is a way I can be edified and feel that what I am doing is worth something.  The amazing thing about this Zone Conference was that the whole meeting there was a sure feeling that my new mission president was called here for a reason.  I personally can tell he understands what we each struggle with, cause we normally talk about it with him and he really listens to us both with his ears and the Spirit.  I am sure glad to know that everything is a part of God's plan!  I am truly grateful for it!  To me, the whole Zone Conference was on doing all that we can to exceed in all aspects of our mission life!  I am not going to lie, the amazing thing is that the small things really do count, so the Lord see that and miracles happen!  For example, Monday my companion and I with a member of the ward were out trying to see people.  We went to visit a guy, but he ditched us.  We then went to hotspot, which is to knock doors in the area.  First one, no one home.  Second house we knock on and this man answers and comes outside to talk to us in his BOXERS...this is 8 at night mind you...Anyways, so we are talking to him and he tells us he has talked to the missionaries in the past and he feels that he would be interested.  So we are teaching him!  OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Doing the Lord's work and doing small things bring great rewards!!!  This week, other than this, was a normal week and we had a good edifying experience.

Well family, this is my week.  I was realizing it is not huge, but to me I felt accomplished...hahaha.  I guess that is all that matters.  I am praying that you are doing well this week!

LOVE!
Elder Christian James Delis

---------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  -------  CAME TO CHURCH (again, sorry no names.  it is for the individual's protection. unfortunately, i have been hearing disturbing stories of how anti-mormons are searching missionary blogs, finding names of people listed, seeking them out and taunting them about investigating the church.  it is very sad.  but true.)

Hello!  Happy Wednesday to all!  I hope all is going great and life is happy. :)  It sounds like it is.  It was great to get your letters this week, gracias!  They are fun to read.  It sounds like this week was really fun, though!  How great!  Full of natural disasters and NYC adventures...the usual thing, I suppose. Haha.  You do cool things these days.  This is all very good. haha. :)

We had awesome, awesome lessons with the less actives this week, too--I LOVE those lessons.  These people are just so special.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not the right knd of missionary or something--I just want to talk to people and learn about them and know them.  I feel like I sometimes don't do enough inviting or something.  I'm not bold enough a lot of times.  I don't know.  Sometimes I just think missionary work can be different than what we realize.  I think it's just love.  They invite themselves to do things when you love them.  It's true, and I've seen it even just talking on people's doorsteps.  Little lights just go off in them when they realize that someone is listening to them, someone loves them.  I'm learning to listen, and I'm learning to love them more.  But when it comes down to it, I know who we represent here.  I know if I am doing my best to be obedient and becoming better, they will feel His lvoe in the room while we are there.  Not because we are anything special or great, but because everything we have is so perfect and so unique and formulated especially for them.  They have to feel it.  As missionaries, they give us a million and one thngs to do so that we can help them come unto Christ.  But first and above all we must love the Lord and we must love these people.  I never feel like I know what I am doing, ha.  I almost never feel like I know how to be a super on-top of it missionary.  I am still just Katie, ha. :)  I work hard, I get stressed, I try to do better, I have a lot I want to do and never seem to have enough time or energy.  But I just know this is not my work.  I know the Lord is in charge.  I wish I could intelligently figure everything out and have a great solution for all the problems my investigators have, that I have.  But I think the Lord knows how to help them.  So I'm just trying to act when I get some sort of inspiration, I'm being a good girl, and I just love the people.  And I just think we'll see miracles if we do that.  Just little ones.  But miracles nonetheless.  How perfect. :)

I love to be a missionary. :)  Thanks for all your prayers!  They mean so so much to me.  I love you back, and hope your week goes great! 

Okay, love you much :)

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment