"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week of August Twenty-TWO: I'm grateful for all the service my missionaries DO!

Elder D!

Subject:  5 souls come unto Father's Kingdom...The life of a servant of the Lord is hard, yet so worth it...

Well this was a good week, busy, but it was good.  It went by super super fast.  I can say that it was not at all what I would have expected.  The baptism on Monday was incredible!  My companion and I taught of the restoration.  A ton of people came, 100 to be exact!  There were so many people that we were unable to have everyone in the primary room.  The baptism was full of the spirit.  The amazing thing to me was that our new mission president and his wife came.  It was cool.  They brought a powerful testimony of the church and how it was restored to this earth through Joseph Smith.  To me, that was a huge spiritual boost!  I can say that it was really really cool to have them there. 

The rest of the week was busy.  Here is a small breakdown:
Tuesday:  problems with bike b/c another Elder used it without my knowledge and broke my pedal.  We success this day teaching a new guy who is really cool and humble and really nice, but super built.  We then tracted for a good 2 hours and at the last door there was a man who seems interested.
Wednesday: b/c I had no bike, we spent the day walking and talking to people on the street.  Not too much success, but it is alright. 
Thursday:  we had District meeting and on those days we are busy.  We set up to go see the DO NOT CONTACTS with the ward mission leader.  This guy is a Visa Waiter and is waiting to go leave for Taiwan and speaks Madarin Chinese.  So he speaks to a lot of people in Chinese.  I think the incredible thing is that I don't understand a word, but I can feel the spirit the second that he starts bearing his Testimony.  That to me is awesome to just see how the Lord can give you the feeling even when you are clueless to what is going on!  hahahaha!
Friday: we got the car (YAY!) and were busy!
Saturday: was our busiest day!  We saw a visiting apostle (rhymes with wary) and boy is he to the point.  He is so much a man that can get your attention and it is not much more than just saying how he knows we have a living prophet on the earth today and that the Lord's church is restored through Joseph Smith.  I can say taht was incredible, really not even kidding! 
Sunday: was tiring and long and that is the way that all missionary Sundays tend to be.  It just totally drains me. 

Okay, so this is my week.  I love you guys!  You are always in my prayers and thoughts!

Elder Christian James Delis

-----------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Being a missionary is so great :)

Hi ho, familia!  Happy today!  Well, today I want to tell you something about companions: They are so wonderful.  I love my companions.  It is so hard to be with someone 100% of the time.  Real hard.  But I have made some of the best friends of my life these past few months because I have been paired with great, great people.  Just awesome.  They teach me daily.  My companion right now, I will be forever grateful for.  She doesn't even know how much she teaches me and I don't know that she ever will.  She just helps me to learn by the Spirit and by her example.  I have grown so much this transfer--so much.  Weird that I can notice even because you normally don't, but I can jsut feel that I am more of the person I want to be.  And just am so grateful that she was there with me through a lot of really hard times for me.  She didn't really solve anything for me, or let me cry on her shoulder or anything, she was just there.  She just let me be who I want to be and become who I want to be.  How great is that?  Just a huge blessing, I think.  It maybe sounds dumb, but it has meant the world to me.  I just know I needed this specific hermana to be my companion at this specific point in my life and I just feel so blessed.  I feel that way for ALL of my companions.  All of them have been strikingly different in so many ways, it is almost unreal, but I love them all with all my heart.  They were exactly the people I needed to be with in these specific points in my life, and I just feel blessed.  Companions are so inspired.  It is really a special special thing to have them.  Hard, for sure, ha, but so awesome.

Okay, well I have to get going.  Love you all lots!

Hna Delis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment