"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week of July THREE: My babes are BUSY as can BE!

Elder D

Subject:  Day Never to be Forgotten

The good part of the week is we met our new mission president, President and Sister Young who are now here.  On Friday we met them for the first time.  I am confident that he knows what needs to be done.  The reason for my subject line this week is because this is what President Young focused on.  He taught us that if we have honest desires, and desire it the Lord will make it happen. 

Since I have my new "greenie" companion, I feel that this next period in my life is all about learning.  I have learned so much already.  I really feel I have been able to learn so so much more than any time in my life and since I have been on my mission.  I am really trying to do all I can to find out more.  It is amazing to me how much the spirit teaches.  I can say this transfer I have learned more on spiritual level than any other time.  The strength I am feeling has really helped me endure these past few weeks.  I know that I am where I am suppose to be.  I needed here and I am becoming the person I am suppose to be. 

I was just thinking.  I haven't bore my testimony for you in a while, so here goes...I know that there is a Savior and He is the redeemer of the world.  He sacrificed his life for ALL of us and paid the price for us.  I know that his life was "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men" (Moroni 1:39).  And that is why God sent His Son to sacrifice on behalf of our sins.  I know that through prayer and studying each day we can come to fully understand God's plan for each of us.  I know He loves you!  I know that the Atonement was out of true love for each and everyone of us.  Without that love we could not return to live with Him. 

I love you guys and hope all is well!

Love,

Elder Christian James Delis

----------------------------

Hermana Katie Delis

Subject:  Call me "ZEBRA"

Well, me llame "Zebra"--that's what you call people who teach in Spanish and English I hear.  It is crazy!  I love it!  I am learning to speak Spanish!  In all honesty, I'm learning that it's almost unfair how well I can speak it for only having started learning four months ago.  The Espiritu amplifies EVERYTHING.   Can you believe the lessons are being taught by someone who literally JUST started speaking Spanish? 

Want to hear some AWESOME news?!  LA MAMA DE LA FAMILIA MARTINEZ VA A SER BAUTIZADA!!!  She said this week that she read the BOM and EVERY time she was so peaceful.  She said that she knows the book is true and she knows it teaches of Christ.  Her life is so hectic--thier baby girl has disabilities and she is so sick.  Yesterday she was talking about how her daughter is coughing all the time and veins are popping in her face because she cannot control it, she's so frail and so sick. 

One other huge thing that I have learned this week is that I was called to Spanish speaking for a reason.  There are people  I am just suppose to teach in Spanish, and I can feel it.  There have been so many times in the last week when we've been on an Englis doorstep, and I feel like I can say something here or there, or just bare my testimony and invite them to act because that's what I'm called to do.  But so often, not always, we'll get to talk to someone in Spanish, and it's like a light goes on--I just talk and talk, listen for real, I hear them better, I'm laughing with them, this little grandma gave me a hug yesterday on the doorstep just because she was having a great conversation, haha--I'm just suppose to teach these people!  It's so neat to see. 

Okay, I love you very much :) I am so grateful for you all, and I pray for you all the time.  And thanks for your prayers--they are working. :)  I love you :)

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment