"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Monday, July 18, 2011

Week of July TEN: My Missionaries are busy knocking doors AGAIN & AGAIN!

Elder D!

Subject:  The work is getting done!!!

Howdy!

Well family, this was a fairly good week.  We still went tracting for extended hours--way to many that I am getting tired of teaching power lessons.  Power lessons are when we teach principles of the lessons like super speed.  So basically my companion and I are teaching lots of lessons by talking about a little bit of information on each.  So onto the good part....My comp and I have TWO INVESTIGATORS!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!  Such happy news!  It really was getting pretty depressing to have doors continually shut in our face.

With that good news, I also had a week of realization.  I am learning that I am not here to be me, but the man that God wants me to be.  I can say that I am not only going to be different from who I was when I went into the MTC, but far exceed that.  I know it is not going to be easy, but I am striving to better myself.  I am finding that there really is no "I can do that" in being a missionary, it is "how can we help you."  I am not only getting more focused on the way Heavenly Father can make things happen. 

Well family I love you!

Love!

Elder Christian James Delis

------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject: Entranables misericordias cada dia!!!

Hi family!

OKAY, this week is the week of ENTRANABLES MISERICORDIAS!  Tender mercies!  I just want to tell you about them today:

My most favorite miracle of the week: FAMILIA MARTINEZ HAS BAPTISM DATES!!! Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I know they make a difference. We met with Hilda and Juan yesterday evening, and we talked about Christ--just CHRIST and who He is, and why it's important to know Him and teach our children about Him and live His gospel. We read scriptures, they asked questions about baptism, the Spirit taught them all the answers, and when we invited Hno Juan to follow His example and be baptized, he said yes!! This family is incredible. Peace just radiates in the walls of that home because of the love they have for each other. When we invited Hilda to be baptized the week before, she said so many times that she knew the Book of Mormon was true because she felt so peaceful every time she read it. I know that peace comes from the love that is inherent to it's words. I know that all of the words in the Book of Mormon testify of Christ, and Familia Martinez knows it, too. They are so great, fam, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with them and know them. Ah, I love this family so much. :) Life is going to get hard for them real soon, I know it, and so PLEASE keep praying for them. They are so great, family. They are going to receive every blessing the Lord has to offer them--I just know it. I am so so excited for this family. Keep praying for them, please. :)

A funny one: We were driving between cities and decided that we would stop and knock the houses amidst cornfields. No one answered on any. Then we drive pass this--I kid you not--MANSION. it is GI-NORM-OUS. Just huge. I'll have to get a picture of it, ha. So we're getting out of the car and I make some smarty-pants comment like "This is the biggest door I have ever knocked. He better speak Spanish!" So it takes us like 8 minutes to walk up this driveway, we knock on some random side door, no one answers, and so we leave a card and start walking away. THEN! This guy comes out and ANSWERS. So we go talk to him, AND HE SPEAKS SPANISH. He was trying to tell us he's not from here in broken Enlgish, and so I said "De donde es?" (Where are you from?) And he mumbles "Aqui o Mexico" and then he realized I was speaking Spanish and mumbled under his breath something like I can't believe they speak Spanish, and so we all started to laugh, and he invited us in! Turns out he's so confused about religion! He says everyone says something different and he doesn't want to sin, and stuff like that. He's searching. OF COURSE HE IS, ha. I don't know why I'm surprised when things like this happen, they just do! But he is working on the castle of a house, and he invited us back to learn more. YAY!! His name is Jose Reyes, so I call him "JOSE EL REY DE LA CASA"--Jose the King of the house. I should look up the word for castle, ha. :) He's great, and I am excited to teach him. :)

A weird one: We pulled up to this street and parked. We all looked to the right at the house to our side, and watched as--I kid you not--TWENTY YORKIES, like the dogs--come running down the porch. Not one was barking. Just staring at us. We just stared back. Haha it was so WEIRD. Who the heck has 20 dogs? Well, Glynnis. And you would think Glynnis would be weird, right? SHE IS AWESOME. One of the most down to earth people I have ever met--I am not kidding. She is great. She's from England, worked with Mormons her whole life, has two grown kids, and her mom had passed away just three days before. It was so awesome to talk to her. She has so much faith, and she is just beautiful. Ah, I love this woman. Turns out normally the dogs are always barking, but when we walked up they just listened, ha. Anyway, crazy. But we are meeting with her again soon. :)

Well, moments like these are like 15 minutes, if that, in our day. They are SHORT. They don't last forever, and believe it or not the feelings fade. But those minutes are divinely inspired, and they are for all of us. I know Heavenly father is in our lives, and He knows us. :) He knows these people, and I feel so blessed to watch these miracles unfold. It is so humbling, and I am so grateful for this time in my life. :)

I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well. I love you so much, and I pray for you all the time!! Oh! speaking of prayers, the other day--Monday--I was saying my prayers and I felt SO safe. I just knew I was safe. We had a huge storm later that day, and I just wanted you to know that the Lord is taking care of me. Thanks so much for your prayers. :) They make a difference :)

I love you lots!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment