"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week of June Twenty-SIX: Onward the time TICKS!

Elder D!

Subject:  I have gotten the news...The past week...my mind is racing a lot!

So this week is just another week of my companion and I doing all that we can to find people.  I am starting to wonder how can people be so set in their religion sometimes (all the time).  It is truly just a fact that I can't even express how many people are close to accepting, but have found a religion with its doctrine of Christ has been twisted for their lifestyle.

It is hard to find people.  We have knocked on a total of 500 or more doors.  Getting rejected so many times is exhausting.  It makes me feel sad some days to know that so many do not want to hear the message of Christ.  When I am trying to teach the people seem to be saying, "Ummmmm I am not going to accept it, I really don't want to make such a life change."  My focus right now is not to offend anyone or make them an enemy to the church.  All I want to do is have them as a friend and see the church as a positive influence.  I am trying to do everything I can to be positive in my efforts and with those I come in contact with.

So basically, my week was just seeking to find investigators.  I am sure there is no way to even come close to expressing how hard it is.  Well family, I gotta go...got lots of errands today!

Love you all!

Elder Christian James Delis
-----------------------------

Hermana Katie Delis

Subject:  Happy days :)

Well, my companion is home and safe!! (Katie's trainer was sent home sick because of her celiac's disease)  I am so happy.   Ah so so happy.  She is being taken care of--phyiscally, emotionally, spirtiually--she can finally rest.  It was so special to be apart of her life right at this time.  It was so hard, but really a sacred experience for her and I just know the Lord guided her through every minute.  I felt it all the time!  I learned so much about faith and the power of testimony from her.  I will always remember her as this force for truth with such a strong desire to SHARE her happiness in the Savior.  She acts on her desires and just GOES.  She rocks.

And soooo...my new companions!  They are awesome! Here's the wild news: they are English sisters in Woodstock!  So guess what that means?!   I AM STILL TEACHING MY INVESTIGATORS!!!!  I am so happy--ah, so happy.  I didn't have to leave them yet. ;)  But!  Guess what else that means!  I am the only Spanish speaking sister in my area!  ... Yeah!  Scary!  One of my new companions took French for a while and can understand what is going on in the lessons and so we are learning the language together right now.  So we cover English and Spanish, and I basically teach the Spanish (I'm not) or a good teacher (SO much more to learn)--I make mistakes galore, my vocabulary isn't expansive, I don't even totally have cultural things under my belt.  But I do all I can, I know I am obedient, and so the Lord just carries me.  I have to give up my fears, my worries, my insecurities.  The Lord takes those, too.  I didn't really ever think about that.  How awesome is that? 

I love you much, and I pray for you daily. :) I hope all goes well, and I will keep you posted on the area! 

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment