"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week of July SEVENTEEN: More Investigators are being taught and SEEN!

Elder D

Subject:  Hello family of the Delis Kind!

So this week we had interviews with our new mission president.  I am going to write a letter to you guys about the things we talked about.  But I will tell you that the things my mission president said were very profound!  The spirit bore witness that he said what he need to say to me personally.  Booooo YA!  I was reading D&C 18:5 this morning during scripture study.  You know it talks about bringing one soul unto Christ and how we are blessed.  Well, I realized this morning that the first person we need to bring to Christ is ourselves.  I was really thinking about my soul job as a missionary for the last couple of days and I now know that one of the reasons I should be serving a mission is that I bring myself unto our Savior Jesus Christ.  And now I understand the importance of me being closer to the Savior and the impact it will have on me as a missionary. 

We have a new couple that is investigating the church.  It is interesting because we found the husband first, but now that we are teaching his wife too, it seems like she will get baptized before he will.  Well...that was my week!  I love you!  I hope you have a great week.  Sorry for the short email (remember I will write a letter and mail it to you), but my companion and I need to go to a funeral today.

Love ya!

Elder Christian James Delis

-------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Home Sweet Home!!!

Buenos tardes familia! 

Soy la Hermana Delis...y tengo una nueva companera!!!  Y estoy TAN animada trabajar con ella. :)  She's great! (I'm not sure Katie remembers that her mom does NOT speak any spanish...only her dad and Nicholas!  Or she probably thinks I have been given the gift of tongues while she serves!)  She's been in the mish for almost 9 months, and this is her SECOND area.  WOW!  I've been praying for her for three weeks now, and I just know that she is going to be PERFECT for this area.  Everyone ends up in the right place, so it's not a big deal if I feel that way or not I guess, ha, but I just know she is here now for a reason and I am so grateful.  Woodstock is going to be so great!!!  I am so excited. 

Will you pray for one of my investigator families?  Their daughter is in the hospital, and she is very very sick.  There's something wrong with her blood, and her parents don't know exactly what's wrong.  They need a lot of love right now, and I know they will feel your prayers.  We have lots of new investigators which is awesome.  They are all great! 

This week has been SO HOT.  Imagine Florida humidity.  EVERYDAY!!!  I take off my backpack to sit down at lessons and I am literally soaked in sweat on my back.  It is so sick, ha.  No wonder people don't let the Mormon missionaries in their house--I will stain their couches with my sweat!  So gross.  But those days--I kid you not--are the best.  We leave at the end of the day SO hot, sweaty, tired, BLAH and I am so happy to be a missionary.  It is awesome.  Those days I just KNOW we rocked it, and we loved walking around in our sweaty skirts, haha.  The Spirit (I couldn't remember how to say that in English, what the heck? Ha, I am at an in between zone in languages--I don't remember anything in either, ha) just guides us.  So we just go and do.  And the people get taught.  Hearts change.  It's seriously a miracle every day.  Ah, blows me away.  I am grateful to be a missionary. :)

Okay, well I don't have a lot of time today.  Sorry for a short-ish letter.  I hope everyone is doing great, and know that I love you very much!  I pray for you often and hope you are well.

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment