"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week of April TEN: Mission Mom posting in HAWAII...NOT from my DEN!!!

Elder Christian Delis

Subject:  Aloha!!!

HELLO!!

Since you were so interested in knowing what happened at conference I will begin with that today.  Well, I was at the church building for the whole 5 sessions of conference.  I totally loved the whole experience!  Conference really comes to life if you are on your mission.  I truly thought it was amazing!  It was like watching the Super Bowl for me!  ( (1) since I totally missed getting to see the Super Bowl this year and (2) I was anticipating it all week long, I really wanted to watch it and was super stoked about it!)  The talk about "to be or not to be" was in my opinion very good!  It confused me at first, but after he got through the beginning I got what he was saying.  I will say I am going to be the best missionary I can.  I need to follow Christ's missionary example and learn to be just like him. 

I also really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk on how we are supposed to call this generation unto repentance.  But in reality it is more that we are suppose to strive to do better.  It makes it a much more optimistic outlook and I really like that.  President MacDonald teaches us the same message and it makes me happy knowing I can just try to do better and teach the same message.

Well that was my experience at Conference!  I love you loads!!

Elder Christian James Delis

--------------------------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Me gusta HAWAII VACATIONS!!

Buenos tardes! Or dias--no se la tiempo in Hawaii.  But I am positive it is happy! 

Okay, I have been so excited to write you this week--I am nervous I am going to start crying in the laundry room--how embarrassing--because this week I was finally KATIE again.  That maybe sounds dumb, but I am so happy, and feel like I have my head on straight.  I wish I could explain better, maybe it's just a personal thing, but I am just happy to tell my family, that (1) I've been so happy to be on a mission this entire time and (2) For the first time in what feels like a long time, this week I was ME again.  I didn't even REALLY realize how sad I had been prior to being here until the other day.  It was like a switch went on or something.  It seems weird I think maybe to everyone but me, and maybe I'll have to explain some other day, but I just wanted to say thank you for loving me so much at a time that was so very hard for me.  I can't tell you how much it means to me.  Thanks :)  I know my Heavenly Father really loves me and all His children, I am just so very grateful for that knowledge in my life.  Thanks for being a family that makes that easy to understand.  I feel His love at home often--and that is such a priviledge.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to share that opportunity with others.  It is going to change lives--living the gospel does that for everyone.  It is truly miraculous.

Love you always, and have fun in HAWAII!!!!!!!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment