"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Week of April THREE: TWO Babes Working Hard As They Can BE!

Elder Christian Delis

Subject: The first week of the transfer

Well, this was a less eventful week than previous weeks.  Why?  I had lots of cancelled appointments.  It isn't fun, but it really is the case this week.  It is to build me up rather than tear me down, so I can at least say that. 

A lot of this week has been finding new people.  The reason we are doing this is one, we need new investigators.  And two, we need people for this ward blitz.  The concept of a blitz is to make a list so we have enough people for investigators in the Eugene 5th ward (Elder D and his companion are over two wards.  One in Springfield and the other in Eugene).  Personally, I think it just a way to clean out the books and that is kinda of nice.  Basically that was my Tuesday and Wednesday.

On Thursday was President's Training.  So the whole day was focused on how to better ourselves as missionaries.  President MacDonald was in charge and he made it a lot of fun for us.  After our training we spent the following couple of days cleaning out the area books.

I really do have to say that I have liked General Conference!  I have tons of notes!

Well, I have to go.  I will try and write more later.

Love!

Elder Christian James Delis

__________________________________________

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  Buenos tardes!

Buenos tardes!  I got a computer kind of early today--booyah! (We received our email 2 hours earlier than normal!  It was a nice surprise!

Well thank you again for all the notes--it's wonderful to hear from everyone.  Sounds like it was a fun week--and this next one is a week of Hawaii preparation--Luckies!! (Nicholas & I are going with Jim on a business trip to Hawaii...yes we are thrilled to feel the sun and heat!)  And I am excited for the "inaugural Delis Family Chronical"--BAH!!  How fun! (Jim has begun a monthly family newsletter to help document all our whereabouts and send fun photo shots!)  My companion and I are already eagerly awaiting.  And a word on my companion--that note she sent should tell you worlds about her--only a VERY sweet, thoughtful, respectful girl would do that.  I am a very lucky sister missionary to spend all my time with her.  We both are VERY grateful for the way our MTC experience has turned out thus far.  Companionships are inspired!!  And she's going to Chicago too--we hope we are companions for our last transfer...keep your fingers crossed! :)

Anywho, what a week at the MTC!  Conference weekend was very cool.  VERY stationary...but wonderful!  People said that conference is like the Super Bowl at the MTC.  It is true!  Ever since being at school, I've really honed into conference--I really love it!  So I wasn't expecting anything super wild, but it's wild!!  I got like a funnel of revelation specific to my mission, my investigators--it was such a neat experience for me.  My questions focused on covenants and how I can capitalize on the strengths of others so they can understand the gospel.  And everything was answered, or I know what to study now.  It was such a happy conference.  I am so grateful that the gospel is the plan for ALL of us to receive happiness today and forever.  I am so happy I am on a mission.  Everything I have wanted, goals that I have had for a long time are starting to really make progress.  It's so happy.  I know that by being here I am becoming the person I want to be.  There is nothing happier than being able to bring real joy to real children of our God.  Ah, I am grateful for this message and this opportunity.  There's no other way I'd rather spend my time.

Okay, well I love you and pray for you always.  Thanks for your love and support and please know that I am always grateful for your strength and love and humor!!! Love you!  LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment