"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week of April Seven-TEEN: Mom posting because she does NOT want to CLEAN!!

Elder Christian Delis

Subject:  Three souls brought unto Christ, I hope I can bring more...If thy will be done...

This week was an exciting week for me!  It was an eventful week but, I will fly through most the details since I am kinda excited about a certain event and to be honest it sooooo worth it!

Tuesday, I had a really cool experience.  I memorized a few scriptures and prayed to ask Heavenly Father to help me find someone who needed the message that I want to share.  So ask and guess what?  You recieve!  Elder Brower and I were walking around on a bike path close to the Jacobsen's home.  As we were walking I ran into a guy named Mike.  We chatted a bit and I was able to share the scriptures I memorized and the message I wanted to share.  It was really cool!

Saturday, well this was the best day of the week!  I was able to be apart of a baptism.  It was the baptism of Gabbie. She is super smart!!  I had the opportunity to teach and participate at the baptism!  The spirit was strong.  I was also able to feel how important this baptism is.  I was so grateful for the spirit while I was there.  It was a time when I had so many thoughts in my head.  I had to bear my testimony during the intermission.  I began by talking about how I was grateful to teach Gabbie.  Then it turned to how grateful I am for the atonement and how it helps us all become perfected and helps us return to our Father in Heaven again.  I also talked about how important the name of Christ truly is.  There was a man at the baptism named Dick Pickens.  His wife and son are members.  His son just left for on a mission to Oklahoma.  It appeared to me that Dick seems more in the gospel now.  Without knowing I found my testimony becoming more and more focused on Mr. Pickens even though that was not my intention.  Guess we will see how that turns out. :)

I hope that you are well.  You are in my thoughts and prayers!  Cannot wait to hear from all of you soon!

Elder Christian James Delis

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hermana Katie Delis

Subject:  mi familia es mi favorita!!! (I'm assuming it translates: My family is my favorite!  Have not learned that phrase on Handy Manny yet :) )

Buenos tardes!!!!

Okay!  Well, I have travel plans!  I leave April 26th for Chicago!  My flight is on American Airlines, flight #3825 at 7:05 a.m. Utah time.  Then I get to O'Hare at 11:10 a.m.  BAH!!!  I am almost in Chicago!!!!  I am excited.  I was nervous on Thursday when we got them--really nervous in my heart!  I read about the time when Nephi was probably really nervous in his heart, too, this week--1Nephi 6.  But Heavenly Father really made sure the he knew that he was taken care of.  It took him a little bit, but Nephi came to his own understanding that all would be okay--he just needed to follow the Lord.  I feel similarly.  I know that Heavenly Father loves me, and He will take care of me.  This work is so beautiful and so perfect.  As long as I am exactly obedient and work really hard, the Lord works miracles.  I see them every day!!  And they are not exclusive to missionaries--He wants to bless us all.  so I encourage you to find the ways that you can help others daily!  You will see His miracles, and you will grow as you work to have His Spirit with you.  Everyone is very capable of doing good, so let's just do it.:)  I know we'll be blessed when we do.

A word on Spanish--I love it :)  I forgot to tell you last week--I had to speak in church!  Talks at CCM are funny--EVERYONE prepares on in the mission language throughout th week, then you are called up after the sacrament.  There are two speakers from the zone, and you just go up when you get called if you do!  And I was called last week from the zone.  And it is crazy how the Spanish just comes out!!!  I keep telling myself that I learned the gospel in English, and I am starting to understand it in Spanish.  It's crazy how much I an love this language.   Don't get me wrong--my Spanish is NOT good.  Ha, but I love it :)  I am excited to speak to you in Spanish on the phone at the airport!  Just for a minute of course, but you won't even recognize me!  I sound so foreign! 

Okay...I only have 30 seconds left on the computer!!! So scary!  I love you lots and I am excited to hear from you again.  Thanks for your love and prayers!!!

Hermana Delis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment