"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week of March Twenty-ONE & Missionary Mom is still having FUN!!

Elder Delis

Subject:  A week that ends with transfer....

I hope all went well this week!  This week a lot of appointment cancelled on us, so that was kinda a bummer but, oh well, nothing I can do about that.  Since so many of our appointments cancelled it was actually more of a planning week so we spent a lot of time trying to make sure that the week would go by smoothly.  We had the opportunity to eat at Chipotle again (yes!) because another dinner appointment fell through.

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday were fairly normal days without anything major happening.  Thursday was ZONE CONFERENCE.  It was really interesting.  3 times I was asked to participate.  I did a recitation of Section 4 of the D&C, I taught in one our classes & I was part of a role play.  Zone Conference went until 4 and then I had a quick transfer with Elder Dietrich (from Idaho--would love to know if he is any relation to the Dietrichs Jim grew up with) in my district.  He is a good missionary, he actually goes home in May.  We first went tracting for a while.  We started out by going on a road called "V Street" (it's kinda weird a lot of the roads here are just called by a letter in the alphabet).  We didn't find anyone who might be specifically interested in the church, but there was a lot of people to talk to. 

The end of the week was much like the first, we had little success with getting to see our recent converts and our investigators since they would cancel on us...that was not fun.  Well that is how my week went, not tons of exciting things happened, so sorry I do not have an email that was as long as previous ones (mom note: it's okay!  we still love hearing about your slow weeks too!)

I love you guys a lot!  I hope you are enjoying your day!

Elder Christian James Delis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermana Delis

Subject: We love prayers!!!!

Beunas noches!

Thank your for the camera!  In light of my new present (mom note: her camera broke and we sent her a new one), we deemed today "The Day of Photo Journalism"!! :)  Okay, I deemed it that, but my favorite new friends thought it was an okay idea too.  Seriously Hna Hoer (her companion) is great.  I could not have asked for a better companion.  She does weird things with me.  YESS!!!  Speaking of which, some nutty things we do: sing songs about our instructors--Hno Clark & Hno Keeton.  One is always tired in the mornings, but at night he is seriously the funniest guy ever.  We love it.  "Hno Clark in the evening" = always a blast.  Also, WE climb on our closets at night.  Why?  Because it is fun.  We have a "Pregunta de dia" (question of the day) at each meal--our elders have some WILD stories.  So funny.  Anddd...OH!  At the MTC we have to practice "contacting" people on the streets, and some elders SING when they contact us!!!!  We eagerly await their visits OFTEN.  Always so happy.

THANK YOU for your letters!!! They are wonderful to get.  I LOVE to hear about things that are making everyone happy!  They make me happy too.  I love this work!  More than any time in my life, I am so calm.  I go to bed SO happy.  I know who I am, I know I'm taken care of.  I know this feeling is not exclusive to missionaries, though.  Everyone can have it, and the Lord wants everyone to have it.  We must share it!! I love the gospel. :).  Thanks to all for helping me be here--I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)

Te amo mucho!!

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment