"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Week of October EIGHT--Conference is GREAT!

Subject: Conference What a joy!

Hey family!
Well it seems to me is that the conference was a blast for all! I know that it was for me! My favorite talk was hands down Elder Holland's. I really do love the story of John 21. John chapter 21 is one of my favorite stories way before this talk came out, and Elder Holland states this as well: that Peter was and is an example of a change of heart. I really did thoroughly enjoy the fact that the talk makes you think how much are you willing to serve the Lord.  The change of one heart makes it so that the people can truly build themselves up through the Saviors atoning sacrifice.  That is really really awesome. This whole conference's major themes, at least to me, were the need for a broken heart and a contrite spirit and to pray without ceasing. I was really praying to learn what I needed to hear at this time of my life, and I learned I need to work on those things.  I am also excited to see who will now serve a mission--we shall see!

Well this week hasn't been to eventful we are still in finding mode. This area is really a test of my limits. I am really having a trial to find new investigators. To me this is a test and truly I am not sure what to do...sooooo back to the basics! So we are really working on doing all that is nessicary to find the elect!

sorry for the short email! I did read them that is why it is so short!
love you loads! 
Elder Christian James Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment