"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Sunday, August 1, 2010

ROCK ON, MISSIONARY MAN!!

Hi! Katie speaking. Happy Sunday!

GUESS WHAT.

CHRISTIAN JUST TURNED IN HIS PART OF HIS PAPERS!! Wahooo!! We are so excited. He is going to be a GREAT missionary. AH! I just can't believe it. We are going to know where he is going so soon. My guess: Guatemala. And my hope is that he goes to Australia. My reasons: It's an English speaking mission (so no language barrier and you get to start proselyting quickly), it's totally foreign (how adventurous), and there would generally be warmer weather (farmer's tans galore!!). Sounds stupendous! It's fun to think about where he'll go. I get antsy thinking about it for me. So I just like to focus on Christian. Ultimately, here ever he goes, he'll be awesome. No doubts. :)

Anyway, before I post Christian's "mug shots," I wanted to tell you about this cool tradition the family has started. Every week we spend a night studying "Preach My Gospel," which is the manual LDS missionaries use for proselyting. I love this book, and I LOVE studying it with my family. It's a really happy time to learn from my family members. They all pick out different things to talk about--things that I'd have missed or don't understand--and they explain it in ways totally new to me. It's awesome to hear the perspectives of those people that are most important to me. I love it! We studied it together today, and I am just happy to have such a supportive and insightful family. I feel so lucky!

WELL. Here's what we've all been waiting for, THE MISSIONARY MAN!

This is the one he chose to put on the forms! How handsome!

Had he been asked to serve in Hamstertown, this is the picture he'd have chosen!!

This is me making Christian do weird things again!

He'll be thrilled when I am no longer his "companion" :)

ROCK ON, MISSIONARY MAN!
Let's all together "thank goodness" that Christian is normal. THANK GOODNESS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment