"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I hope they call me on a mission!"

Hello, friends!! It's Katie, and both Christian and I are all healed up from the major loss of wisdom. I still can't stick very many fingers in my mouth at once, but it's all healing great. In fact, the doctor told me today that I am "a week ahead of schedule," BOOYAH.

Well, I recently realized I didn't really make any sort of announcement before posting the first blog entry, and it has been brought to my attention that that might be appropriate. SO, here it is:

I am preparing to serve a full-time mission!

This summer has become a totally different experience from what I had planned and expected, but it has been overwhelmingly peaceful. Prior to the decision to start my papers, I had felt funny about going back to school for the summer, so kind of on a whim, I decided to not go back (which was scary for me! I needed to take these specific classes, and I just like to love my plans and think they are really great. So changing them so quickly without any reason more than "I feel funny about leaving home" was intimidating for me). The day after I officially decided to stay at home, someone randomly called about buying my housing contract, and then a few days later I got a nannying job for the summer--things just started to fall into place! I was really grateful for that. Then over the next few weeks, I felt very strongly that I should start looking into serving a full-time mission. So I started to get to work on the process, and it has been so incredibly smooth and totally happy. It's turned into an awesome way to spend the summer--being at home with my family, nannying, and preparing to serve a mission? HOW PERFECT! I love these new plans; they make me so happy because they feel so right. I just couldn't be more excited for this next little adventure. :)

SO ANYWAY. :) Christian and I are finally filling out our paperwork! We just got authorized to fill them out yesterday, and we are basically done with our parts. I am so excited. It is so happy!! :) Everything should be all ready to turn in by August teen-something. AH! I can't wait!!

And...because I love pictures...my mom and I snagged some photogs to use as my "Prospective Missionary Picture" for the paperwork--I'm just not sure which one to use...


Not a bad selection, huh?
Well, even still, below is the final choice. I guess needless to say, I hope they call me on a mission!!




No comments:

Post a Comment