"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week of July EIGHT: Another email from Elder D & Hermana KATE

Elder D!

Subject:  Hey!!...That's not fair I was dancin' there!

Hey family!

Well, from all your emails I can tell you are wondering how I am doing.  I am fine.  I am not 100%, but I am doing better than I have been.  Sorry for the email delay, I was at the beach all day yesterday (Monday) and that's why you are hearing from me today.  Yes, don't worry I have pictures for you guys, a member took them for us and they will be in 3D, it will be really cool. 

Here's a quick run through on the week and then I will tell you what happened on Saturday.  To begin with, it was a funky week.
Monday: we did not have a P-day...that threw me for a loop...it was moved to Wednesday because of the 4th of July.  We did spend time meeting with our less-actives, we can never get a hold of them, so that was pretty awesome.
Tuesday: tracting was hard because most people were out of town for the holiday.
Thursday: was meeting day and we went to Coos Bay and had District meeting, tracted and then did splits.
Friday: did some finding, but we are not seeing new people right now, a lot of old investigators are appearing out of nowhere.
Saturday: was a interesting day.  In the morning we helped a newly wed couple in our ward with their yard.  We helped them mow their yard with a weedeater (that was my job).  After running back to our apartment to change, we left for Myrtle Point.  We had planned to see K-------, but she wasn't home, so we left and visited people with Brother O'C------.  We got to his house for dinner and while we were there I had a hard time breathing.  Throughout the day I was struggling, it just felt hard to breathe.  I had just finished eating dinner and I was having a hard time talking.  I started to cough uncontrollably and as I sat there it got worse, so went outside and tried to see if that would make a difference.  It didn't.  So we went to the ambulance and they looked at me and gave me, what is called an updraft, it is like a shot of adrenaline, just to my lungs.  We then drove to the ER and I didn't have pneumonia or mono so they were unsure.  The doctor was told I had an updraft and then he assumed it was allergies since I don't have asthma.  So we got back and we talked to Brother W----- in our ward, he is a doctor, and he said it was my allergies to grass that caused my lungs to close.  And he said it doesn't help since it is hay season either.  I am fine.  I just have to be careful!

I love you and you are always in my prayers!

Love,

Elder Christian James Delis

----------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject:  WHAT A CRAZY WEEK!!

Hey family, HAPPY TODAY!

Okay, super short on time once again over here, but I will try to give you a wrap of our cool week.

1. A--- is a member!!!! His baptism was beautiful. Absolutely crazy behind the scenes, but great. Absolutely wonderful. I am so thankful for his conversion. It was an absolute privilege to have been a part of. He is going to be such a strong priesthood holder. One of the members came up to me and told me that after the baptism, and I just swelled with pride (as if he were my son or something, haha)--but it is so so so true. He will be a faithful, strong priesthood holder. :) I am so thankful for that man.

2. We found so so so many people to teach this week!! I am so grateful for that. I feel like we just walk in all the right places these days, and it's been such a blessing to meet so many people who are so interested in learning more. We recently started teaching Lupe, and she is just the sweetest little blessings for me. I feel like every time we go in to teach her, she is just open and ready to learn. She's fun. We would totally be friends outside the mission. So grateful to be teaching her.

3. The best thing I learned this week: We must RUN back to the Lord to thank Him for ALL we have been given. Our trials are just that--JUST trials. Don't focus on them! Focus on ALL that He has given you. You will be happy. :)

4. The trio is rockin' it as always. I can't wait to tell you about some of the miracles we've seen in each other this transfer. IT's been pretty cool. :)

Okay, love you loads and talk to you all soon! Hey! I'll even give you a hug in a few days! WEIRD!!

Keep smiling,

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment