"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week of August EIGHT: One email came fast and the other LATE!

Elder D!

Subject: Man!!!  A week into the transfer, and it is going by faster each and every day...

Family!

Okay my week...On Monday night we tracted into a woman who was praying "to send Mormons to her so she could prove them wrong!"  On Wednesday we had a plan to teach the restoration and we were excited to have a member with us and it turned into a Bible bash!  We talked for 45 minutes after the lesson and each time we would say something and it did not matter, they investigators had to be right.  Then, I decided to just stop and testify.  So I looked at my companion and gestured him to stop talking.  He looked at me with quizzical face and I mouthed "you will see."  "Stop," I said and they just froze and all I remember saying was that the Book of Mormon is true and that "...you can test my words to know for yourself..."  It was an interesting debate.  We then left as soon as my companion bore his testimony and went to our dinner appointment.  We talked about how the discussion went downhill and were pretty discouraged.  Then about two days later the girl we were talking with texted us to see if we could come back.   So it was a success!  Crazy!!!  Other than this event, this week was filled with the usual; find, teach, baptize, you know the drill :).  So really that was the eventful story of the week.  I have to say, I am grateful for the way the Lord works.  It is AMAZING!!!

So let me think... Oh... I am really glad you are all well.  I am hoping nothing horrible happens and I can say that the Lord is watching over you.  And if anything happens, nothing will be too hard to handle.  Every struggle has a light at the end of the tunnel.  The light is Christ!  He will lighten your load if you try and do all that you can to be like Him.  (I can say this is something I am still working on.)  I am glad you are my family.  I love you so much!  Have a great week!  I am praying for you everyday!!!

Love!

Elder Christian James Delis

------------------------------

Hermana Kate Delis

Subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!!

Hi, familia!!  Happy almost birthday to two-thirds of the house!!!  I am so excited for the Chrony--there is going to be so much to talk about!   You guys rock!

Okay.  Well, this week was so GREAT.  I love being a missionary.  Church ROCKED!!! Literally the best Sunday since being in the branch.  First, SUNDAY SCHOOL WAS FULL.  Normally there are like seven people there.  Four of which are missionaries.  I kid you not, ha.  But it was FULL!!  Oh my!  It was so great.  And some members that have been inactive for a long time came and the  branch just fellowshipped them like crazy.  It was incredible.  And we have a relief society again!!!  The president is so perfect--she gave a really powerful lesson on the atonement this week, and all of the women participated.  I really felt like they felt comfortable to participate which was great.  The love in the ward is really growing.  And testimony meeting ROCKED!!  The members  were so so great.  I was praying so hard that they would all be touched and want to bare their testimonies of truth.  THEY ARE SO AWESOME!!!  It was so great family.  I loved that day so much, and I am so grateful for it and for the love of this little branch.  I don't think they know how strong they really are.  I think lots of people doubt them.  But I feel so strongly that as we invite the ward to bare their testimonies to others--to help us in the missionary work--they will watch themselves strenghen this little branch.  THEY will be inviting people to come unto Christ.  I just know it.  This week we have FIVE member present lessons--FIVE!!  That is the number we have previously gotten in a MONTH.  And they were all so personally significant to the people we were teaching.  Funny enough, only one of the lessons was one that we had scheduled.  So we had a member, the investigator cancelled, so we visited other investigators with the member.  And we ended up being with exactly the people that we needed.  It was awesome.  I just know the branch will see miracles that THEY bring to pass as they bare their testimonies of the truth.  They rock. :)  I am so excited. :)  Also, we had to change the date for the our family baptism because they haven't come to church. :( But no worries, they are progressing, it will fall into place.  The work moves forward and it is incredible to just be here seeing it all come to pass.  I am so lucky.

Okay, I am way out of time today, AH!  I love you lots and hope the birthdays are awesome this week!! :)

Hna Delis

No comments:

Post a Comment