"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Thursday, September 2, 2010

THE SKYPE EXPERIENCE IS ON THE WAY

Hi, readers! Thanks for checking the blog even though we haven't had an entry in two weeks! The last one, though, was awesome. I can only imagine Christian screaming as soon as he opens his call: "AUSTRALIAAAAAAAA!!! AHHHHH!!! THAT! IS! ALL! I! WANTED!" (NOTE: He actually wants to go to England. But it is much easier to shout "Australia." :) ) Where ever he goes, it would be really funny if read the location, and just sat there and yelled. No tears. No emotion. Just straight screams. Hahaa, heavens. :) That would be difficult to handle hearing over Skype. That's how I'll be hearing about Christian's call by the way--it'll be a Skype experience.

Which brings me to the topic of this entry: that specific Skype experience where I will hear the location and language of my little brother's mission. And more exactly WHEN I will be hearing it. The answer is...sooner than expected!

Today I got a call from Christian informing me that President Hall decided to try to turn our papers in today, just for fun I suppose! And guess what. It worked. He sent them in. The General Authorities will be deciding in which missions Christian and I will serve next Thursday!

So for some reason that I don't understand, our papers could go in six days before we thought they could. Clearly I do NOT understand the time constraints and logistics that coincide with turning in one's papers; however, I am grateful they are in, and our calls are being assigned SOON (we hope).

What a day it's been, haha. I cried for most of it. A good cry, but I am talking a good thirty minutes while on campus. Haha. Just crying and crying...I was in a little secluded grassy area where the only people I bothered were a seemingly newly engaged couple cuddling between classes. I looked ridiculous. Nay, I AM ridiculous. Needless to say, they found a new location. And if they are reading this (it could happen--it's a small world, small Provo): I apologize. And I hope your wedding is beautiful. ANYway, what a day. :)

Well, as Christian and I were talking on the phone I asked, "Christian, you ready to be a missionary?" And I'll just answer the question for the both of us on this post:

Yeah. :)

We're excited, we're really humbled, and we'll be sure to keep you posted on any news over the next few weeks. Love you :)

1 comment:

  1. found your blog address on your FB page katie....and thought I would leave a comment since your post was about Australia--WHICH I would LOVE--we would have you guys over...or one of you guys over all the time! :-) How fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete